FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) opens on October 1 each year. Seniors are eligible to apply for federal financial aid through this manner. FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as stated is a free application, and will determine its amount of federal financial aid through household income. Therefore, information such as parent income, relationship, and assets will be taken into consideration.
What are the deadlines for filling out the FAFSA form?
To be considered for federal student aid for the 2020–21 award year, you can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form between Oct. 1, 2019, and 11:59 p.m. Central time (CT) on June 30, 2021. Any FAFSA corrections or updates must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on Sept. 11, 2021.
What is an FSA ID, and will I need it to complete the FAFSA form?
For more Information:
Information needed to fill out FAFSA
1. Are parents married/remarried or divorced?
2. Date of marriage/remarriage or divorce (Month and Year)
3. Parents’ birth date
4. Student Social Security Number
5. Both parents’ Social Security Number
6. Student needs to create an FSA ID Number for both student and one parent. Once the parent’s FSA ID is created, the student can link the 2017 tax information to the FAFSA through the IRS website.
7. How to Create an FSA ID